Friday, March 9, 2012

Walking with God

Walking with God.  This is something we all should be wanting to do, I know I am - aren't you?  How does one walk with God?

To walk with God would be more than following the examples left to us in the Bible, for if that is all we do - aren't we leaving something out?  Not really walking with God - is it?  To walk with God we need to first invite Him to share in our days, after all once we have invited the Holy Spirit to indwell in our hearts we're halfway there.

Just like any relationship - it takes work.  Don't confuse this with meaning salvation takes work - no it does not.  However to walk with God, yes working for that relationship is important.  Just like walking we must first decided to take that first step (and then another, and another ..... and still another - if we're to get anywhere).

So, First things first.  Let's ask God into our hearts daily.  This is how we can take that first step to walking with God.

I've got my walking shoes on and today I'm asking God - Will you walk with me? and I'm asking you - Will you be doing the same?

God Bless you all I hope today's post has inspired you to ask God to join you today as you go about your day to be with you as your Mighty Counselor, Prince of Peace.  (Writing this has reminded me to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment